Is this true about HD ????

Page 9 of 15

Not sure what you mean. Actually language should be a non-issue in elections since (1). you have to learn English to get citizenship (2)have 18 years to learn it if you get citizenship by being born here...
Kurt Ullman wrote:

Not true. I earned my citizenship with no language requirement.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
"Joseph Meehan" wrote

It might not have been true, back in the day. But, it is true in this day and age.
http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/natz/index.htm
Moiss Nacio wrote:

It is still true. How well do you understand the various ways you may gain citizenship?
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
"Joseph Meehan" wrote

There's a difference between "earned" & "gain". Please note that I responded to "Not true. I earned my citizenship with no language requirement."
To earn your citizenship, is different than to gain citizenship.
Moiss Nacio wrote:

You are on top of things. :-)
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Those Norwegians usually are. :)
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

AMEN

Great. A quote from one of the biggest sources of hot air in this past century.
Doug Kanter wrote:

Sounded pretty cool to me.
--
All relevant people are pertinent.
All rude people are impertinent.

I have to admit. Next to you, he's pretty weak as a source of hot air.
How is it that you're so smart, yet we have not yet seen you do anything newsworthy?
Steve

T. Roosevelt dragged us into a war based on pretenses that were later proven to be false. If you think that's newsworthy and worth emulating, knock yourself out. I'll watch.

"LATER proven" to be false = armchair quarterbacking.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Do you know what I'm referring to, specifically?

"Remember the Maine"?
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

So, you didn't like Rickover's analysis of the ship's demise?

How long *after the fact* did that occur? Do ya think Rickover's analysis had ANY meaning at the time the sinking occurred?
Maybe I should have said "Monday morning QBing". (but I did say "LATER-proven")
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I wonder if you've ever read anything about the political & personal chess game that was going on in Washington, in the time leading up to the war. Have you?
Jim Yanik wrote:

Actually no. And damn few people do. But we have current telephone tax to assure us of an historical occurrence.