Is this true about Home Depot all inside signs had to have the Spanish equivalent ????

Good then, let's keep it that way.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

WAS YOUR QUESTION ANSWERED? ;)

Reply to
Ignat

Other states manage to post speeds that aren't based on the lowest common denominator. I nearly killed myself and my family in Kentucky years ago, trying to do 50 on a ramp marked 35.

Yep. We have a fair number of those around here. They still underrate them.

I can't know what the motivations of the Illinois DOT are. But I can explain every single one of their idiot traffic munges by attributing to them the idea that the ideal speed for traffic is zero MPH, and that whatever they can do to approach that goal for all traffic is their idea of the best possible situation.

Reply to
clifto

The 14th was enacted to prevent states from denying citizenship to freed slaves and their families.

I believe it should be that the child must be born to someone who's legally in the US at the time of birth. There's no reason to deny citizenship to the babies who are legally born here.

Reply to
clifto

I know what you mean. Damn fascists required me to produce TWO forms of ID to get my passport.

Reply to
clifto

Say what you want, they make great waffles.

Reply to
clifto

  1. What race is Mexican?
  2. It's been documented for years that people DO come here to have their kids, both for the free care and for the kid citizenship.

I'm all for that. I'd say the kid could stay if the parents arranged for the foster home themselves and the kid didn't need welfare support.

Reply to
clifto

Gadsden. Right.

Reply to
clifto

Great way to have a one-party country.

Reply to
clifto

You can't use a reaper or a combine in a garden.

Reply to
clifto

Damn! ...and I had to show a certifed birth certificate to jet my job. ...but that was 30+ years ago.

Reply to
Keith

Not just legally in the US, but to someone with permanent resident status.

*NO* other country grants citizenship to anyone who drops a kid within their borders.
Reply to
Keith

...and the parents can't be shipped out if they have an *American* child to take care of. ...even if they don't.

No, just get rid of the "born here" crap!

Reply to
Keith

Gimme one of them thar beers.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

If that's what it takes, then...oh well.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Good catch! He's dead so it probably wouldn't offend him.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

According to Keith :

Where do people pick up such BS?

Even the your next door neighbor to the north does just that:

Citizenship Act, R.S.C. 1985, c. C-29 Section 3(1)(a)

Chris Lewis

Rush Limbaugh & Michael Savage. :-)

Reply to
Doug Kanter