Is this true about HD ????

Page 1 of 15
Hi all,
Just heard on the Fox news that they reported a Home Depot store that required (1) all inside signs had to have the Spanish equalivent under the English heading and (2) it was against store policy to fly the American flag anywhere on the store property.
Enough is enough about the illegal Mexicans but has anyone heard this about HD ?
Joey wrote:

The store is in Juarez and its name is Casa Depoto.
HeyBub wrote:

Now THAT's funny.

Around here all the stores have spanish signs under the english ones. Since most of the people who actually build the houses are latino, why would you expect anything else.
yep...lowes is the same way...sometimes the spanish signs are more prominant that the english signs....
Look on a lot of products now...Ive seen major appliances heating and air equipment...everything from these major items down to a bar of soap with spanish on them.'
Fat lazy americans refused to do the work...mexicans came in and did the jobs for nothing....american fat cat businessmen love exploiting this cheap labor....
nothing our government does will stop the invasion of illegal mexicans in this country...and I dont think government really wants to stop the massive immigration....large farms and the construction industry have powerfull lobbyists too and you know they are greasing the palms of our elected officials to get these mexicans here.

Do you have kids?
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...

That also makes it a lot easier to export products south of the border. Similarly, you'll find plenty of consumer goods with directions and labeling in French, so they can be exported to Canada with the same labeling. My new U.S.-made double oven even has installation instructions in Japanese, not that we have lots of illegal Japanese labor in the U.S., but because Japan is a major export market.
Despite all the rhetoric to the contrary, the U.S. is still a huge manufacturing power that exports all over the world.
<http://www.phred.org/~josh/
Joey wrote:

Why do you think it has anything to do with illegal Mexicans. Home Depot wants to meet their customer's needs. If they have Spanish speaking customers, it only makes sense that they provide signs for them. How does that hurt you? More business, more volume lower prices benefit you. Do you think they are going to eliminate the English signs?
Relax.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

This is America. English is spoken here. You want to speak your native language, speak it at home amongst your friends and relatives. My parents, their families and millions of others came here many years ago. They had to learn the language and went to night schools to do so. They still spoke their native tongues at home but learned to read and write English and always spoke to the children in English. We have immigrants from many parts of the world. Why not have signs in their languages? We have Russian, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, etc. Why do we pander to the Hispanics? Why do we have to pay for bilingual teachers to accomadate them when we can't afford to hire English speaking teachers to educate our children?

I can tell you have never been to Chinatown in NYC. Street signs there are bilingual.
Charlie

the Latinos that come here to the US are from "America". South America, Central America. They speak other languages. I agree English is spoken mostly in the US but we [US] don't own the word "America". We are all "Americans" [yes that includes Canadians] [soapbox mode off]
grabbitt wrote:

Not true and you know it. America is an abbreviation of the United States of America. No other country in North, Central, or South American have "American" in the title of the country. So it is quite clear when when says "America" they mean the USA. If you don't want to believe that you are just being obtuse.
George E. Cawthon wrote:

no I don't

no it is not
No other country in North, Central, or South

not to anyone in the rest of the "Americas" outside of the US
If you don't want to

United States of "America" is one of many countries in the "Americas". Try telling someone from any other country in the "Americas" that they are not "American" and see how far you get with them. You are the one that is obtuse and US centric. We are all "Americans" whether you like it or not

There's a big difference between what's correct in terms of geography, and saying someone is "American", which indicates nationality, political loyalties and certain ways of thinking. Do *not* try and claim that the second half of that sentence applies in any way outside of the USA.
Doug Kanter wrote:

no to me

You are confused. A person from florida is a floridian. A person from Texas is a Texan. They may be a democrat or a republican. A person from the anywhere in the "Americas" is an "American" Do *not* try to use your US political correctness to redefine words used by the rest of the world because that only works in your little xenophobic reality while the internet crosses those boundaries and that is where you are postulating now. :)

You think someone from Bolivia has the same nationality and political loyalties as we do, because Bolivia is on a continent called South America??? Yes, or no.

Now you're naming states which ARE in this country. But above, you claimed that people from other COUNTRIES in the Americas were the subject here. Which is it?
On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 19:31:13 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

No, because he is not a citizen of the "United States of America"which is located on the continent of North America, and is a country, not a continent. In fact, Some of the "United States of America" is not even located in America at all. Nonetheless, someone who is a citizen of Bolivia is an American.
We call Native Americans from North America "Indians", although relatively few have ever been to India.

I'm quite sure you'd be laughed at if you said that to a Bolivian, especially at this point in time.

Doesn't matter in the least. It's still a fact, and not an opinion.

Sez you....