Is this Toilet Bowl Casting Defect Significant?

Hi,
This may be a non-problem but I have no experience installing toilets so I thought I'd ask those who do. I have new floors scheduled for installation and do not want to risk damaging them.
The toilet was selected because the 2007 MaP tests showed it would flush 1000g of soy paste packets which made it one of the best performers of the current litter. But I am not so sure about the quality.
The toilet is an American Standard Cadet 3 ADA toilet. Inspection shows that there is a protrusion .035 inches high and roughly .8 inches square (irregular shape actually) located 0.4 inches from the toilet discharge spigot. This is on the base of the toilet where the wax ring makes contact.
The surface is flat and the edges are perpendicular to the base of the toilet. That means the edges are sharp rather than sloping.
The wax ring will contact three-quarters of the defect when installed.
Because the defect is in the casting, I suspect an entire production run may have been made this way.
Will the wax ring seal with this defect or do I need to exchange the toilet?
Thank you.
Mike
JB wrote:

There are newer seals available today (rubber) that don't rely on wax, but I like the old wax rings.
The "defect" probably has no significance.
The wax ring should be adhered to the round "horn" of the outlet. Heat up some wax from an extra ring and apply to the horn with a putty knife. Then smoosh the new wax ring onto the horn, pressing it firmly to adhere all the way around.
Jim

After looking at the wax ring I don't see a problem. With the waxless variety there might be.
Since posting I noticed a rather wide crack in the trapway and it appears that the glazing is very thin.. I compared against another Cadet 3 that I bought at the same time and it has none of these defects and the trapway has a heavy glaze although they did not bother cleaning the crud out before glazing.
Thank you for your input.

What'd you measure it with - a fucking laser micrometer. .035" is approximately 1/32" - even my drafting rulers don't go that fine.
If you're worried take it back and use any excuse to get a new one, otherwise I doubt it will be a big deal.
JB wrote:

If you need to use a feeler gauge to measure a discrepancy in a ceramic/porcelain casting, you need to stop worrying about the discrepancy.