Is This Paint Too Old to Use ?

I've been offered a nearly full 5-gallon bucket of Behr Interior latex white flat paint that is about 5 years old. It was opened originally and has been sealed since (presumably well sealed). I don't have it yet, so I can't open it up and look inside. I am considering using this paint for cottage cheese acoustic ceilings. Is it possible that the paint is still good enough to use? Once I get the paint in hand, how can I tell if it's still good?
- Magnusfarce
If it isnt moldy and mixes up good it will be ok, freezing kills it.
Magnusfarce wrote:

Five years isn't old. If it looks like paint and stirs up ok, you can use it but you may have to strain it if you are going to spray it. It may very well be a solid piece or it may have shrunk and is solid on the sides and soft in the middle. Either is not good. If you have any doubts, don't use it. Latex flat white is about the cheapest paint available at $10 or less per gallon. I would suspect a 5 gallon can would currently be around $40.