Is this mold? (link to picture)

I just started a thread (3 or 4 up) under the assumption this is black mold. I pryed up some more PERGO sections and took a picture.

You can see it's confined to a certain area, and green & brown, not black. What do you think I should do?

Bill

Looks like mold to me. Comes in all colors ;) Doesn't *look* like the Lethal! Black! Mold!, but you could get some tested if you were *really* concerned. I'd just clean it out, as others suggested.

Your biggest problem is how it got there - was there a leak at some time? Why was there water under there? Fix that, before you cover it up again.

JSH

Interestingly, I just read an article in the NYT yesterday, saying a panel of folks from the National Acadamy of Sciences concluded that, among other things, mold can only really account for allergy-like symptoms (eyes, throat, etc); memory problems, disabilities, death and disfigurement are not linked to mold.

"Panel Finds Mold in Buildings Is No Threat to Most People"

I'll be happy to post the text if anyone asks.

Reply to
Julie

Yes, it's mold find the leak or cause and fix it.

Mold can be a serious problem and cause many health problems.... depends on the type and your senseitivity to it.

Good luck

Terry

Reply to
Terry Cano

It looks like mold , bleach will turn it a different color usualy brown or red in less than a minute if its mold. If mold kill with bleach.

Reply to
m Ransley

Since its slab on grade it is normal for moisture to move through concrete. It doesnt mean its a leak but the pergo holds moisture and leaving the carpet was bad. You need a vapor barrier.

Reply to
m Ransley