Is this mold?

Here are some pictures: http://s612.photobucket.com/albums/tt209/stockapt/?start=all
The first are of the access point for the plumbing for the second floor (it's a 2 story complex) The wood has a lot of white and black stuff all over it.
Then when the window was removed for the bathroom, we found similar damage to the wood there.
Then we found it underneath the kitchen sink.
And when we pulled up the carpet we stuff under each of the rooms: dining rear bedroom and front bedroom we found damage on the floors to varying degrees.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

see: http://www.cdc.gov/MOLD /
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Whats the humidity in your place, is it like a swamp, do you have a good digital humidistat or run AC ever? What is exterior wall construction, Tyvek and maybe synthetic stucco? It looks like the house doesnt breath and there are leaks. Laundry bleach kills mold cheaply, test for your self , pour some on an area if it changes color to white or red or clear in about a minute its mold. It looks like you have many problems and maybe more than you can imagine, or maybe its a few leaks, carelessness and high humidity. I cant guess without being there but if it was me id lower the humidity with the AC and dehumidifiers and get a garden sprayer and a few gallons of bleach and kill what I see. The mold had to be from trapped water, or leaks and its not drying out overall. Do people get out of the shower and with wet feet walk on the carpet? Bleack kills by removing the Oxygen from the mold and its cheap and easy to get started but humidity has to be kept around 70-75 at the hightest but only trapped water and near 95 -100% humidity grows mold, at least this has been my experiance in keeping it controlled. Wet areas must be dried out now. Get a digital humidistat, most analog ones are not calibrated at all new from what I have seen.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Better call your County Health Department for advice and information on the hazards of mold. As it appears now, your house won't pass an ordinary inspection for an Occupancy Permit. Get some professional remediation estimates, legal advice, and start looking at mold free houses in a dry part of town. In some areas, such a house would be donated to the Fire Department to use as a training structure, letting it be totally consumed after the last training burn. Don't be surprised if correcting all the problems runs $50K or better. Your good health is on the line here.
Joe
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.