Is this double-trapped?

My washer drains into the common 2-inch PVC standpipe that's about 36 inches tall. It bottoms out in a P-trap, then runs about 18 inches horizontally before it enters the main waste stack.

The laundry sink (beside the washer) also has the standard P-trap, but the drain pipe runs three feet horizontally and joins with a waste-T to the washer standpipe about 6 inches above the standpipe P-trap.

Is the laundry sink double-trapped? If so, given that the washer standpipe is its own vent, is this a problem?

Reply to
RDKirk

It is double trapping. And the washer standpipe is not it's own vent. The vent must be *downstream* of the trap. (There may well be a proper vent in this situation for the washer trap; we can't tell from here.) Will it all matter? Probably not...

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim