Is This DirecTv Dish Compatible with My Receiver?

Page 2 of 2
George wrote:

"Your error" is right. You can order triple LNB multi bird dishes from Circuit City for $99.99 for DirecTV. Do you need the URL?
I'd tell you how much Best Buy is selling them for right now but their web site is dragging ass.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com
On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 17:15:23 -0400, George wrote:

Didn't know that. So you can't go to say Best Buy or similar store and purchase a receiver and dish and install it yourself? That's messed up :)
George wrote:

When did this happen? Three years ago I installed a four receiver system at my father's beach house. The receivers all belong to me.... I got them at Best Buy, along with the dish.
I needed to be the one to do the installation, rather than them... otherwise they'd have discovered that my father didn't live in a nearby city as he claimed. He wanted local stations for City X, 20 miles from his home. Because he lived in Town Y, they said he lived in a different demographic viewing area and he would have to get local stations from City Z... 70 miles away... a place he never goes. Unacceptable.
So we fixed him up with a dummy mailing address; he gets the locals from where he wanted; DirecTV gets paid online every month. Everybody's happy. Nobody gets cheated out of money. But obviously their agenda isn't the same as ours. Too bad for them.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com