Is this Consistent with BAd Dsihwasher Water Inlet Valve?

I'm having an issue with my 13-year-old Whirlpool washer that was installed when the house was built. According to things I have read concerning the problem, the water inlet valve may be the cause but I wanted to bounce it off the group to see if this is the case.
The problem is that three times during the wash cycle, during what I am pretty sure is the hot water intake, a loud noise that sounds like pipe vibration occurs for two or three seconds and then goes away. It's hard to pinpoint the exact location of the noise, other than it sounds like it is coming from the floor, and it doesn't appear to be coming directly from the washer unit itself.
Does this sound like what can happen when the water inlet valve is failing?
Thanks!
-snip-

Not so much to me-- but I'm no expert. I'd lean towards the grinder-- but maybe because that's what failed on mine last.
Check out this site to get a better diagnosis and a look at where the parts are- http://www.applianceclinic.com/0047_9.asp [I have no association with them except as a satisfied customer. . . several times over, unfortunately.<g>]
Jim
Good link... actually it says
"Water-inlet valve
An aging water-inlet valve can sometimes fail slowly, rather than all at once. It can shudder on and off rapidly, causing the incoming water lines to shake, rumble, and rattle--sometimes violently. If yours is doing this, replace the inlet valve. "
so it does sound like the inlet valve is probably the cause.
despondent wrote:

Could be. Did anything else change in the local hotwater line to the dishwasher? Add any new water using appliances? Local water pressure change?
--
Thank you,

Thanks for the replies guys... no, no changes to the lines that I know of... about six months ago I replaced the innards of a faucet in that kitchen sink location, but the noise started a couple of weeks ago.
despondent wrote:

It sounds like a form of water hammer to me. It could be caused by a shaky valve, or by a household pressure change for some reason.
--
Thank you,