Is this common procedure ? Help

== You might get more specific responses at: alt.mobilehome. ==

Reply to
Gini

Robert J Rolleston

I am in the process of purchasing a 28X80 multiple section home (double wide) . I am wondering if it is common for the dealers to not include the A/C , skirting,pier installation and the stinking dryer hose hookup ? Just wondering if this is common or is it at the dealers discression ? It is also one made by Sunset homes, is this good or bad ? Thanks, Iowa883

Reply to
Iowa883

Depends on the dealer. As the only Coleman dealer in the area, we get several calls from several modular (read, mobile home) dealers that need AC or a heat pump installed, as they do not have, or are not licenced to install it. The "stinking" dryer hookup as you call it, it goverened under the Mechanical code, and believe it or not, has an entire section in the code book dedicated to it, and non licenced persons in some areas can not install the line....the code is very specific in regards to the material used, and the make up air to be provided....yes...make up air. as for the rest...have no idea, but its sure funny how many places exist to do that work...

Reply to
CBhvac

what ever is in the sales agreement is what you get. and NO it is NOT common NOT to include such items.

I wouldn't do business with anyone that claims to have a reputable company with such a generic website. SOUNDS LIKE A SCAM!

Reply to
3GCPO