is this a serious problem?

today I accidently ran over one of those plastic white pieces that petrude out from my septic system. the elevated sand mound part. Thats usually where they clean out the lines when they get clogged.
The whole is about the diameter of a pencil. not too big. Its a screwable piece so im guessing I could buy one at home depot. But should I make this a priority to get one asap? Im not even sure what exactly the term is called for this piece. Looks like an end cap for the pipe.
any info would be appreciated.
thanks john
pvc vent pipe? as long as dirt isn't falling in there, it shouldn't matter at all