Is this a Payne or a BDP gas air furnace/ac & how is it cleaned?

What kind of furnace do I have and where do I find a manual for how to clean it?

The hot air gas furnace/ac only says "Payne" on the outside yet old service paperwork says "BDP" with a long bunch of numbers after it.

Do you know how to tell what brand/model of furnace it is and where I might find online the instructions for removing the blower to clean out the ac coils and the heater jets?

Reply to
Mina O.

Does it look like this?

It's a BDP (aka Carrier, Bryant, Day & Night, Payne) furnace.
Search on the respective companies' web sites. Bryant:
Day & Night:
Carrier:
Payne:
Or call the manufacturer and ask for the maintenance procedure. Bryant Furnaces: 800-428-4326 Day and Night Furnaces: 910-424-7676 Carrier Furnaces: 800-CARRIER Payne Furnaces: 888-41PAYNE The BDP Payne control boards are a known weak link.
This one says check/replace the furnace filters every 30 days.
And, this quote tells you a bit about their combined company names:
"In 1945, Dresser Industries acquired Payne and Day & Night. Bryant was already a part of Dresser Industries. In 1949, Payne, Day & Night, and Bryant bought themselves out of Dresser Industries and formed Affiliated Gas Equipment (AGE). Carrier purchased AGE in 1955 and then formed the BDP Company in 1974 from Bryant, Day & Night, and Payne. United Technologies bought Carrier in 1979 and Payne separated from BDP in 1996 to form Payne Heating & Cooling but is still owned by Carrier. However, each company is its own company, doing its own research and manufacturing except as might be contracted with other companies. So Carrier doesn't really "manufacture" Bryant, Payne, and Day & Night."

Reply to
Elmo