Is this a good deal ? - Rheem 2 1/2 Ton, 6 Month old ( $575.00 installed.)

Hello,
Heat pump on one of my rental property needs to be replaced.
My HVAC man is offering me a used ,6 month, Rheem 2 1/2 ton unit at $575.00 installed.
I have to tell him either go or no go by tomorrow morning.
What do you think about this deal ? Any comments on the Rheem heat pump ?
Thanks,
BK.

This is Turtle.
well if it is only 6 months old then it still has a 4.5 year warranty on all parts and he will install it for $575.00 total charges. i would have him do it.
Rheem heat Pump Comments : Some of the best equipment ever produced.
TURTLE

Hmmm....
I gotta agree on this one.........the hardware alone is at least worth that, even if the install ends up being a hack job.
Simply, you gonna need heat, and it'll probly do that for you.
== Now that summer is almost over.....lest all recognize that heat pumps generally provide heat at appx 1/3 of the cost compared to straight electric, this untill the outside temps drop into the low 40's.
A grossly under-utilized device, IMO is all.
--
SVL

Unless it was a failure due to compressor burn out.....
Then you need to make sure he's installing both components of a split system new (used ) as well as hopefully new line-set...else at least doing the "change out gig for acid treatment" of any existing components that are to be left in place.
Good luck !!!
--
SVL

And if it was previously installed on another home, and the warranty paperwork sent in, why is it now off the home at 6 months old, is it stolen?..but if the warranty paperwork was sent in on a previous installation, there wont be waranty on the unit at all, other than what the installer offers.. Buyer beware here..
I dont get the comment about a 6 month old unit tho...dos that mean it WAS installed on a home for about 6 months, or it was made 6 months ago? If its never been installed, it could have been made 2 years ago, full warranty stands.

I am understanding the unit "was installed and used for six month at other location" and removed due to a remodeling on the installation site. Is there any way that the warranty can be transferred if the warranty card has been submitted by the previous owner of this unit ?
Thanks,
BK.
BK wrote:

being done. udarrell
--
Crank Your Air-Conditioner Up To Specs
http://www.udarrell.com/air-conditioner-capacity-seer.html

This is Turtle.
Now i can only speak as to rheen equipment being sold in Louisiana and not other states. if the equipment is sold to a customer and then in 6 month the customer wants to give the unit to someone else and the equipment was disconnected and reinstalled by a rheem dealer at the second location. the warranty still is good as to time starting back at the first installation.
Now one thing you must get is the paper work where it was sold by a dealer 6 months ago or you may not have a warranty. It could been sold 6 months , 6 years , or 60 years ago if you don't see the paperwork where it was sold 6 months ago. Get the original sales paper work and your warranty started then and there. If you don't have where it was origianally sold as new and what person sold it. You may not have a warranty.
TURTLE
TURTLE wrote:

repossess situation. In my other HVAC post I didn't know if you were able to communicate after Katrina. There should be a lot of HVAC work if you travel toward the damage areas. I sure feel sorry for those victims! - Darrell