Is this a fair charge on a new concrete floor for my garage ?

I had a contractor come out and he said he pours 3750 # rated Concrete , 4" thick , directly over the sand which i currently have as a floor . He said there are stones mixed in with the concrete about the size of a quarter dollar. Ive seen his finished work and it looks alright. The garage will contain 2 average size cars and about another 2000 lbs. of misc. tools, containers, etc...spread out evenly in the back of the garage. For my 24'x26' garage, he is wanting to charge me $2500 total which includes his people totally removing all of my things i currently have on the floor (and theres quite abit). Does this sound like a reasonable charge ? It seems reasonable to me. Thanks.

Sounds cheap,maybe too cheap
Jimmie

Thanks. Anybody else agree ?

Thanks. Anybody else agree ?
--
what did the other 3 people you called for a quote bid it at?

Cheapassed Dave will go with the lowest bid, probably unlicensed, and incompetent

I got the job done. They gently sloped it toward the overhead doors. Smoothed it good. They had 4 guys on it for 6 hours straight. Then they came back and cut a couple of lines in it. The place is in northern Florida and nobody said they use stones underneath ; one guy said he would put some wire mesh underneath. They also unloaded alot of stuff from the garage AND put the stuff back in . Im happy. They guys were not from Mexico, but from Hondurus . Thanks, Dave. P.S. Dont pay any attention to Ken...he just doesnt like me challenging his ludicrous faith in atheism which he cant defend.

That fits dave to a "T" He's a cheap fuck, if ever there was one

No rebar? I had a 25x25 basement finished for about 1300, I had bids of 25-3000 also so id say shop some more.

That's a scary thought. Do you have an inventory of every single item?
Why does he not want to put his own base in? That's another scary thought. Placing 4" of concrete on top of what you already have must have an adverse condition somewhere. The floor should have a slope to it (if no drain), so any liquids will run towards the garage doors.
Sounds like you met a typical hack, and possibly more.

One of the things I've noticed in passing, is almost all driveways folks talk about here are poured 6 inches. This could be a code issue combined with how cold your area gets vs theirs, or a longevity one. Not really sure.
Also, his workers for that price may not have insurance if they get hurt on the job. That means they can sue you for hiring them if they get hurt (it takes little to check this out and in fact if fully insured workers, he likely pointed it out already).
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

At about $110 a yd for the concrete, I'd say this is dam close. He'll probably have four guys there about a half day or so.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

How many yard of concrete? No gravel, just sand? No supporting concrete posts underneath?
On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 14:19:02 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

Sounds reasonable. It would be reasonable to clear off the floor before the contracting work begins.