Is there much of an R value to sheetrock?

Page 2 of 2

Sheet rock is easy to repair. If you have a working shop, you'll be moving tool boards around as you upgrade.
Jim, I have used peg board over sheet rock. I wanted the fire retarding aspect. ONE KEY POINT. This approach requires theat the peg board be spaced off the sheet rock !!!!
Paul