Is there anything that ants can't crawl on?

Page 3 of 3

Keep the bread in the fridge.
Marina wrote:

I've found that to make it go moldy in a matter of days, hence the breadbox.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Clean your surface countertops with vinegar. Ants hate to walk on chalk so you can draw a circle around the breadbox with a piece of chalk. But, get some Tero so they take the poison bait back to the nest.

Terro is definitely the way to go. I bought those worthless squares years ago, and while they do NOTHING to kill the ants, they are a great Terro delivery system. Just a tiny drop of Terro on each opening and on the top and your ants will be gone in 24 hours. Different types of ants (tiny red ones, little black ones, big black ones, etc.) show up at different times of the year and in different places in the house (kitchen, bathroom, porch) but one little square with Terro on it does the trick. The kitchen square will be set up by May 1st, in time for the small black ones, who are the first to arrive.
Your ugly face repels all living creatures. Just look at the ants. They'll run like hell.