Is there any part of Louisiana that doesn't flood?

Once I buy a house in the suburbs I will have stuff to post on-topic about, but in the meantime since Louisiana has the cheapest property taxes not co unting Hawaii and since my heating bill in the winter would be low I am con sidering Louisiana, so will you please tell me if there is any part of Loui siana that hasn't flooded yet? If so, which part(s)? I researched online th is question and no one's asked it. Every county that I researched has flood ed.

THanks in advance.

Reply to
rigida7147

t, but in the meantime since Louisiana has the cheapest property taxes not counting Hawaii and since my heating bill in the winter would be low I am c onsidering Louisiana, so will you please tell me if there is any part of Lo uisiana that hasn't flooded yet? If so, which part(s)? I researched online this question and no one's asked it. Every county that I researched has flo oded.

Actually, from the hundreds and hundreds of hours I've spent in real estate web sites, I can safely proclaim that Alabama has the cheapest property ta xes, however there is a web site which says that Louisiana does, but this i s not true. The weather in Alabama this month has been in the 20's and 30's almost every day. It's not supposed to be that cold or nearly that cold ac cording to all of my research that I've done on the internet.

Reply to
rigida7147

The peak of Driskill Mountain should be safe from flooding you need to make sure that you are at the very summit to avoid possible runoff during storms.

Reply to
BenignBodger

You have to get down to specifics like this. I live at about 300 ft above sea level but people at the bottom of our hill about 50 ft lower get flooded basements when stream down there overflows.

Same with property taxes. Those in bottom part of the state are about half those in upper part of the state.

Other things come in too. Local income taxes, possession taxes, sales tax, head tax etc. You just can't get a blanket answer for a whole state.

Reply to
Frank

Mean elevation is 98'; highest, 535 '

Free USGS topographic maps are available from...

Just because there has been flooding in a county, it doesn't mean that the whole damn thing was underwater.

Reply to
dadiOH

When we were in MickeyWorld, they were saying that Space Mountain was the second highest mountain in Florida. ;-)

Reply to
krw

stuff to post on-topic about, but in the meantime

since Louisiana has the cheapest property taxes not counting

Hawaii and since my heating bill in the winter would be low

I am considering Louisiana, so will you please tell me if there

is any part of Louisiana that hasn't flooded yet? If so, which part(s)?

I researched online this question and no one's asked it. Every county

that I researched has flooded.

I lived in Louisiana for eight years. There are lots of places that don't flood. Yes, every county probably has some land that has flooded. That could probably be said for a very high percentage of every county in the UNITED STATES. At some time, somewhere in that county has flooded. Las Vegas is in the middle of the desert, and it has flooded there. Same for Phoenix. There are low places everywhere in Louisiana, but in the same vein, there is high ground in every county that has never flooded. It is impossible for even the hurricanes to push water in to the top of the state.

I smell a troll.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Heck, I live in Central Alabamastan and at 6:00am Jan 3rd it's 20°F Heat Index 8°F. Where's that fracking Al Gore at? He needs to be horsewhipped for stealing all that money over the Global Warming myth. o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

-27C here in SouthWestern Ontario this morning. Too damn cold to snow

- but when it warms up early next week we'll likely be in for a real dump.

Reply to
clare

Does that put you across the border from Michigan? I saw a map on facebook that Michigan is well below zero farenheit. Twenty to thirty below, F scale.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Depends where in Michigan you are. It was about +5 F this morning in Ann Arbor. Tuesday is expected to reach a low of -10 F and high of -2 F. Our neighbor to the north would consider that a heat wave. Shoot, it's not even colder than my freezer right now.

You can tell when it's actually cold: the snot freezes right in your nose.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Cold here too, It was 60 when I went out this morning. People were wearing parkas.

Reply to
gfretwell

Depending which way you point I'm across from Michigan, New York or Pensylvania. Halt way between London and Toronto Draw a line straight across the botton of Lake Ontario and I'm half way across Ontario. Lattitude about half way between Oswego and Fulton in Ney York State. About 200 miles due north of Pittsburg.

Reply to
clare

I figure it's cold when my nose runs, and it freezes on my goatee. I guess Michigan snot doesn't even get to your mustache?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

60 degrees? You must have dashed back indoors to turn up the heat. NYS has about 5F with real feel about -10F.

I took a box to the post office for a friend whose apartment complex burned on Christmas day. I came back with cold fingers, nose, toes, etc.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

On Fri 03 Jan 2014 08:33:09a, Cindy Hamilton told us...

It's currently 55 F. in Phoenix with an expected high of 72 F.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

It's not always snot-freezing cold here. I make a point of not kissing my husband right after he comes in from using the snowblower.

Cindy

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Heat? In your home? I have not heard of this thing. I have had the A/C off for a while.

Reply to
gfretwell

They are predicting 80s this weekend and then it will cool down a little.

Reply to
gfretwell

Right. At least he could deliver some of it!

Reply to
krw