Is There An Electrician in the House?

Page 8 of 8

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 19:38:59 GMT, (Arthur Shapiro) wrote:

OK ...

Consider the notion that noone (including yourself) was in a position to -say- if it was 100% "legitimate" as re any relevant concern ...
You omit relevant info (breaker spec, specs on the "two wires"), but, in general, the little breakers are supposed to be co-specified for a single circuit. Circuits are something thatcha kinda sorta -design-.

Perhaps he noted that the breaker appeared to be jerry-rigged and decided he didn't wanna fool with such without a sizable premium. Blow some smoke re lube, and he's outa there.
I can tell you this. If your house were for sale, I stopped by, and noted, say, 12 15A romex cables going into the service panel and only 8 (or less) corresponding breakers, I'd likely pass your property by.
Cheers, Puddin'
Pease pudding hot, Pease pudding cold, Pease pudding in the pot Nine days old ...