Is there a way to slice meat thinly as luncheon meat at home?

SALE! Reg. $235.00 $215.00 Freight: $49.00 Total: $264.00

Reply to
W. Lohman

For $72 I'd not feel bad about his one, reviews say it cleans easily.

W. Lohman

Which is a far cry from a miter saw, circular saw, table saw, Dremel tool, or jig saw.

Try and stay with the conversation. Feel free to move your lips as you read what, we now suspect, are the mumblings of a troll.

Not to mention the fact that butcher shops DO NOT use a meat cutting saw to slice meat thinly and, regardless, he may have problems cleaning up the mess even if he COULD use it to slice meat.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Use an apple or potato peeler.

Reply to
Adam Kubias

What gets me is the Verizon commercial where the snotty kids don't want to visit gramma because there's nothing to do, and the enabling parents teach their kids to be snotty by telling them they only have to stay for a little while.

In the commercial the gramma gets FIOS so the kids can ignore her when they visit. It's good that Verizon promotes family values.

Reply to
micky

-sw

Reply to
Sqwertz

Or he just doesn't use it. I only use mine to cut foam rubber.

Reply to
micky

Curly-Q lunchmeat... lol!

Drop in the fryer like curly fries... hey, wait a minute! Eureka!

lol

Reply to
Nunya Bidnits

They are all power saws.

Never sen an actual butcher work?

Mine uses it to make very thin Korean style beef flanken ribs.

Reply to
W. Lohman

It works for that? Cool! I need to go cut out some giant foam fingers!

Reply to
Nunya Bidnits

A pawn shop gives 25% of the value, that was a desperation move.

Reply to
W. Lohman

Your next BBQ competition side dish enrty...

Reply to
W. Lohman

Danny is retired and rich and lives in a mansion on a hillside in California. He can well afford a Hobart slicer but he is a cheapskate and wants to use some tool from his workshop to slice meat but doesn't consider the contamination factor or the friggin mess that he would make with power tools or even hand tools. Probably the closest thing that might work would be a power coping saw with a fine blade. Even then he would have waste, contamination and mess to consider. A good man with a sharp knife would be his best bet OR a good wife PERIOD...end of rant.

Reply to
Roy

It works great, and if you've ever tried to use a regular knife, you know how poorly that works.

But I'm not that clever. I saw what they used at a fabric store to cut foam rubber. It's just an electric knife with a plate to keep it vertical.

(I do occasionally make rib roasts, but I use a regular big knife to carve them.)

Reply to
micky

If you'd ever been inside an auto upholstery and trim shop you'd have known that, Mr. Know-it-all.

Reply to
W. Lohman

Some failed after 3 uses, 10 uses. Not a deli, but I'd expect much more than 1- uses.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

...give that man a seegar!

Reply to
bob_villa

I throw out those bad reviews when the overwhelming majority are positive. If you go by bad reviews you'll never buy anything. Learned that when I was building this computer over 5 years ago. Quality motherboard (ASUS) and power supply (Corsair). I thought I would find 4-5 star reviews. Plenty of reviews on Newegg, but enough whiners to bring every MB and PS down to 3 1/2 stars or less. When I realized that applied to them all, 3 1/2 became my new minimum standard. It's still running with no issues. Maybe dissatisfied customers are more prone to write reviews. With computers many people don't know how to put them together, and with meat slicers many can't operate them correctly. Of course some parts are legitimately DOA - I've had it happen to me - and maybe those motors failed. There's always some element of luck.

Reply to
Vic Smith

Sometimes the good reviews don't work out in the long run. I bought an Antec Sonata case with an Antec power supply. It was very well rated and is in fact an excellent case, very easy to assemble and none of the razor sharp edges that leave you bloody when working with cheap cases.

When the power supply failed in a couple of years, a little research showed that particular model had problems and the failure was very typical. Unfortunately the reviews weren't prescient enough to predict failure years down the road. Shit happens.

I'd still recommend Antec. The cases are excellent as are their power supplies most of the time.

Quantity counts too. 374 reviews averaging out to 4 stars beats 3 five star reviews in my book. That theory doesn't always work when you're looking at new or high end products that aren't mainstream.

Reply to
rbowman

We have a slicer it can slice meat like deli shop. Wife bought it in Germany when she was working there in the '70s. All SS and quite compact easy to use. Not using much after kids grown up. Future garage sale item.

Reply to
Tony Hwang