Is there a towel warmer that works?

Hi,

I own this a Warmrails towel warmer:

and it's a joke! I occasionally get a warm spot on a towel, but that's about it. (Perhaps mine is broken?)

Is there a model that works or is the whole concept flawed?

Thanks!

Aaron Fude

Reply to
Aaron Fude

My wife bought one similar to that. All it really does is dry the towels a little faster when you hand a wet one up there. She weaves her towel through the heated bars to get it a bit warmer but I think it is a waste of money

Reply to
gfretwell

Look up Alibaba, the China products source.

There is no central heating in China yet so they use the hot water heater and run them through tube rack radiators similar to the ones in the URL. There are many variations including a towel rack. I don't know they are plumbed but I think you run the hot water through it before the water reaches the shower head. Or maybe it has its own circuit with a return to the hot water heater for reheating. There is a large variety of hot water heater tube products if you do a further search in alibaba.

They have small apartments and the electrical hot water heater is ceiling mounted.

PaPaPeng

Aaron Fude wrote in news:597be069-257f-4d60-9a33- snipped-for-privacy@d27g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

That is so ghey.

Reply to
Me

The web page says " Professional installation, all hardware and instructions included ". Did it really come with professional installation?

I stayed in a London hotel where each bathroom had a warming rack "powered" by the hot water from the shower. This was many years ago, so I don't remember just how warm the towels got, but in retrospect, it seems you'd have to take a pretty long shower in order to have much of an effect on the towels. I suppose if you had the money to do the plumbing, *AND* use pipes nice enough to be exposed, it would be worth doing just for kicks.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Try this one for size. My neighbor works for Dacor, the upper end appliance outfit, so has access to all sorts of goodies. He installed a kitchen warming oven in the bathroom to heat the towels!

Reply to
professorpaul

Check out Runtal. There is a major difference between towel warmers that run at about 100W and towel warmers that run at around 1000W (electric ones). I would beleive that a 100W warmer would not be very effective but the 1000W ones would be and also contribute to room heat. Runtal also makes water heated towel warmers.

Reply to
redmonds

these work great as towel warmers. and probably cheaper than the yuppified "towel" warmers.

Steve Barker

Towel warmers are a frivilous waster of money and energy. I would think that you would have more important things to worry about.

Reply to
scott21230

so are cars that get less than 30mpg, but what do you drive?

Steve Barker

I wonder whether a quick spritz and 90 seconds in the microwave would heat 'em up.

Reply to
CJT

Ya Think? Just another profit center for builders and designers to sell to silly rich ladies, and giggle all the way to the bank, IMHO.

Whatever happened to just mounting the towel rack over the forced-air heat outlet, or over the radiator?

aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

Whatever happened to being momentarily chilly after a shower, which leads to a lady's nipples standing up straight? Seriously. Warm towels are counterproductive.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I bet it would. The electric baseboard heater in our bathroom is only

500 watts; and this is a cool climate. However with 240 watts of incandescent light bulbs in fixture over the vanity the heater rarely cuts in anyway! Heated towel rails! Complicated and seem like a complete non- necessity! We keep a hand towel permanently on rail over the heater; most convenient place for it in smallish bathroom. Bath towels either used once or pitched over the shower rail for same person to use a second time. Keep everything as simple as possible; works best and is easy on maintenance. Also avoid mixing valve/taps for same reason of simplicity. In previous dwellings did not have good experience with them, kitchen or bathroom! Got rid of the one in this kitchen many years ago. Our two original individual bath shower taps have, with occasional minor repairs such as new washers and replacement chrome handles for cosmetic repair a couple of times over some 38 years have worked fine.
Reply to
terry

Below the 27th parallel we don't have radiators or forced air heat. The towel warmer's main function is to dry the towel.

Reply to
gfretwell

Fine- hang it over the shower curtain rod, and leave the jalousies and the bathroom door open. The ocean breezes will dry it.

That far south, shouldn't you have an outdoor shower, anyway?

:^) , of course.....

aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

When the humidity is over 90 things don't dry. The warmer will drop that RH around the towels, particularly if it is behind the door.

Reply to
gfretwell

Bought a Runtal electric model (direct wire, with programmable console) fairly expensive (-around $800) But is the best gadget I ever got. If it went out I would order a new one immediately. (7 yrs old now) An unwarmed towel feels cold and like it is already wet. I tried a couple of the freestanding models which were crap.It is well worth it, in my opinion.

Reply to
Patrick

I have a Runtal, too, and it heats the entire small bathroom in addition to warming towels, so we shut off the forced air vent in that room.

They also have models that hook into hot water heating systems, which I think the OP said they have.

I first came across these at a ski resort > Bought a Runtal electric model (direct wire, with programmable

Reply to
Not