Is there a tool to fix deformed male hose ends

Seems no matter how much I try to avoid stepping on or driving over the ends of hoses, they manage to get deformed. Once that happens, there is no way to screw anything onto them. Most of the time they are not crushed, just a little out of round. Do they make any sort of tool to clamp around them to make them round again?
Yea, I know they sell replacement ends, either those cheap plastic ones with the big blob of plastic to clamp them on, or costly brass ones that require a sharp hose clamp like the ones used in cars, and make them hard to use because they hurt the hands. Unfortunately the crimped on ones (the good ones)that come from the factory can not be purchased and would probably require a $1000 (or more) machine to install them.
On 4/7/2012 3:51 PM, snipped-for-privacy@usa.com wrote:

Yeah, it's called a pair of pliers :) If that's all it is, should be able to work it back in shape easy enough.

The clinch type are still available. I also like the form factor...
<(Amazon.com product link shortened)>
I've also seen metal fittings w/ the screw-type attachment of the all-plastic types.

On 04/07/12 4:51 PM, snipped-for-privacy@usa.com wrote:

Replace the hose end one more time and then go buy a set of brass quick connect couplings like these:
http://www.garrettwade.com/quick-change-set-4/p/62K13.10 /
You'll roll an ankle before you'll bend one by stepping on it and they might even stand up to a couple of drive by's.

Not very good for places with low water presure, too much flow restriction.
Harry K
On 4/7/2012 4:51 PM, snipped-for-privacy@usa.com wrote:

Put it in a vise to bend it back, better control than a pair of pliers.
John

John, took the words right outa my mouth. I was thinking the same thing if it's just outa round. I would think this is the easiest method.

If you really wanted to spend some time, get a pipe nipple with an ID the same as the fitting. Saw it in half lengthwise and secure the halves to the vise (you probably have to do some welding) Squeeze the deformed fitting between the two halves.
On Sat, 07 Apr 2012 15:51:59 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@usa.com wrote: -snip-

Nelson makes a good brass one with a smooth clamp on end. They run $5-10 at the local hardware store. My aubuchon hardware had them someplace far removed from all the cheap hose stuff. so ask for them by name.
Jim

I have seen pliers that are just for this purpose but probably way too expensive.