Is there a reasonable soundwall for a loud generator

Reply to
Marvel

Top posting moron.

Lon

Reply to
Lon VanOstran

I don't know. Sound ratings are kinda BS anyway because so much depends on how you measure it.

I do know that the Generac is quieter than an EU3000 at full load. At a crafts show I parked my concession stand beside a guy selling hot-transfer tee-shirts. He powered his trailer (lights and heated presses) from an EU3000. Our generators sat nearly side by side. When his presses were heating, the EU's noise drown out mine almost completely. Mostly exhaust noise I think. At partial load with the eco-throttle turned off (it would trip when the heaters turned on when on eco-throttle), they were about equal.

I didn't have a dB meter with me, just the good old Mk 1 ears. But several of us vendors stood around marveling at how quiet the Generac was. The tee-shirt guy was kinda envious since my quieter generator made almost 6kw, about twice what the EU can do. I was running more resistive loads than him plus I had a 15kbtu air conditioner. While he was sweating over those hot presses, I was luxuriating in cool comfort :-)

John

Reply to
Neon John

So you are saying that a 27HP engine running slow so that it is putting out, say.....14 HP, is quieter than a 14 HP engine running full throttle.

Reply to
JerryD(upstateNY)