Is there a pool pump fitting adapter to stop this incessant leak?

TESTING: The electrical hookups didn't spark or smoke!

And, I did seal all the o-rings!

Unfortunately, I didn't think ahead to *replace* the o-rings:

None of my new plumbing work is leaking, but there is a minor drop at the filter inlet clamp (even though I cleaned and lubricated it and tightened it as much as I could, by hand):

Even though I was judicious about tightening the filter clamps one turn at a time in diagonal pairs, with use of a mallet to "shake" the seating a bit, there are still some very minor leaks to handle:

But, the big problem is that the pump itself has now developed a leak even though I tightened the clamp down as much as possible by hand:

And, I lubed the little o-ring on the impeller:

This new leak is at the interface between the pool pump and the motor:

I think there is a "seal" there that I've never replaced. Maybe I damaged it. Dunno - but *both* motors are leaking from that location!

So, in summary: a) Electrical is working b) All the new plumbing is leak tight c) There two minor drips at the filter itself (inlet & circumference) d) But the big problem is that both pumps that I took apart are leaking!

Reply to
Danny D

What I ended up doing was cutting off or removing all the old plumbing up to the very edge of the Jandy valve.

Then I put an oversized PVC 2.5" coupling on the outside of that Jandy valve (which means it was three layers thick at that point).

I stepped down the 2.5" coupling with a bushing, making it 2" again.

From there, it was all 'normal' plumbing - and the results are that it did not leak during the leak test.

Reply to
Danny D

Thanks for all your help!

You were all very helpful in advising me on how best to complete the repair of the incessant pool pump leak.

Here's a pic of the final result of the plumbing & electrical fixes:

There's only a drip at the filter - and nowhere else!

Here's a video I made for you of all pumps running without leaking:

The only thing left is to source those two proprietary filter fittings.

Lessons learned? a. I should have repaired these pump leaks long ago b. I should have replaced the conduit elbow at the motors with a straight through fitting c. I should NOT have put in that junction box d. I should have wired the new conduit from the motor to the panel e. I should have replaced *all* the plumbing, up to and including the proprietary connectors at the filter itself

Reply to
Danny D