Is there a pool pump fitting adapter to stop this incessant leak?

There is one more thing. To be code compliant, there should be some clamps holding the conduit. One on the short one, a couple on the long one. But if it were mine, not sure I'd bother with it.
On Fri, 17 May 2013 05:35:06 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Oh. I hadn't realized that. Thanks.
On Fri, 17 May 2013 11:08:32 -0700, Oren wrote:

TESTING: The electrical hookups didn't spark or smoke!
And, I did seal all the o-rings!

Unfortunately, I didn't think ahead to *replace* the o-rings:

None of my new plumbing work is leaking, but there is a minor drop at the filter inlet clamp (even though I cleaned and lubricated it and tightened it as much as I could, by hand):

Even though I was judicious about tightening the filter clamps one turn at a time in diagonal pairs, with use of a mallet to "shake" the seating a bit, there are still some very minor leaks to handle:

But, the big problem is that the pump itself has now developed a leak even though I tightened the clamp down as much as possible by hand:

And, I lubed the little o-ring on the impeller:

This new leak is at the interface between the pool pump and the motor:

I think there is a "seal" there that I've never replaced. Maybe I damaged it. Dunno - but *both* motors are leaking from that location!

So, in summary: a) Electrical is working b) All the new plumbing is leak tight c) There two minor drips at the filter itself (inlet & circumference) d) But the big problem is that both pumps that I took apart are leaking!