Is there a hot tub that will fit through a doorway?

Page 1 of 2
Hi ,
Would like to put in a modern hot tub inside our home, but don't want to have to rip out doorways....walls etc.... So am asking if anyone knows of a deep hot tub that can be brought in modules and put together to make a decent sized hot tub.? Any websites? Thanks....Jim
"Jim & Lil"wrote in message

People don't put hot tubs indoors unless the inside was designed for such usage. Steam etc. will ruin your walls and everything else.

replying to Rosen, Brian wrote: Who says it is staying indoors? What if the only access to your outside patio for the tub is thru the front door then thru a living room to a patio? Then what do you do?
On 09/07/2016 08:44 PM, Brian wrote:

Beware: The two happiest days of your life are the day you get a hot tub...and the day you get rid of it. You've been warned!
On Thu, 08 Sep 2016 00:44:01 +0000, Brian wrote:

He has left it sitting on his front lawn for the *THIRTEEN YEARS* since he posted and asked that question, just _waiting_ for your answer!
Why can't you HomeOwnersNoobs read *dates of posts*???
On 09/07/2016 10:27 PM, Sam Hill wrote:

It's trivial to filter out HomoOwnersChubs with most news readers.
On 9/7/2016 7:44 PM, Brian wrote:

Simple. You wait thirteen years, and then you buy an inflatable hot tub.
On Thursday, September 8, 2016 at 9:52:31 AM UTC-4, Moe DeLoughan wrote:

Aside from 13 years, it's all fairly pointless anyway. If you want a tub that will fit, all you have to do is google for "indoor hot tub" or "portable indoor hot tub". I owned one years ago, it came in through a normal size door. Measure the door and start googling.
Amazing the nonsense at Home Moaners Hub.
On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 19:10:00 -0600, "Jim & Lil" <jim.morris-at-sk.sympatico.ca> wrote:

Hot tubs are far nicer and more enjoyable outside. Putting them inside is a mistake.
BB
On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 19:10:00 -0600, "Jim & Lil" <jim.morris-at-sk.sympatico.ca> wrote:

No "modular" ones though it's possible to build a spa out of concrete and tile inside. Most manufacturers have portable units that fit through doorways.
Jeff
Thanks for the usefull replies....as far as the posters concerned about a hot inside the house... I am replacing one...not just putting one in ...I want to replace this one as it is not deep enough and is 'dated" ... this hot tub was installed in 1985...there is no moisture damage to the walls...no moisture problems to the inside of the house....the hot tub is well vented. I honestly beleive that the myth of a hot tub put inside your house will wreck the walls was something started by those who couldn't afford one... My house is in perfect shape.....sheesh!....again, thanks for the useful replies....Jim

"Jim & Lil" wrote in message

If you're referring to a true hot tub, and not a jet pool bathtub. This should be in a room all by itself. Access to replace shouldn't be a problem unless you have poorly designed access, of which it sounds like you do. I would encourage you to read up on indoor hot tubs and problems that are associated with them. You may think you're house is in perfect shape, but unless you have it checked for bacteria, you're only guessing. Here's a couple starter articles. http://www.httg.com/hottub_trouble.htm
http://www.azstarnet.com/health/illness/030629tublung.shtml
"

This

Access to replace shouldn't be a problem

even listening to...lol..... I would encourage you to read up on indoor hot tubs and problems that are associated with them. .................I have.
You may think you're house is in perfect shape, but unless you have it checked for bacteria, you're only guessing. ......I have and I don't guess.......
Here's a couple starter articles.........Thanks for the info.....however it has nothing to do with my question.... Jim
tml

"Jim & Lil" <wrote in message

You're correct.
So the correct answer is : You cheap bastards are always looking for a way to do something, because you can't afford to do it correctly.
Run down to your local Homedepot, I'm sure they will have an answer for you.
Enjoy your half assed job since you seem to enjoy living like that

I already HAVE a hot tub in the room...I am simply thinking about renovating my existing one....was going to take a chainsaw to my perfectly fine...working hot tub and put in a newer model tis all...LOL....I can't afford to do it correctlly???...where in hell did you get that idea?...I wanted an answer to my question...ROFL....

I already have and they don't...thats why I came on here and asked....but you since you don't have an answer to the question, you decide on driveling on about the bad things that can happen when having a hot tub inside a dwelling. I own a 3000 sq ft 4 level split type home...(own...as in no payments)...the existing hot tub has been in the house when it was built 16 years and if you will read my post...it has been well ventilated...I said "well ventilated" to prevent people like you from going on about an "in house" hot tub.... but no...you don't have a clue to what I was asking for so ramble on an entirely different subject....Please stick to the subject line... IE:...look above...."is there a hot tub that will fit through a doorway?"....Like DUH!....simple question...if you can't come up with the answer...then shut the hell up!

enjoy....... ....sheesh....write whatever blows your skirt up the highest....Regards..Jim

FWIW, in my area indoor hot tubs/spas are commonplace, especially in higher end construction. I'v also seen them in several other areas of the country, along with indoor pools, and in none of the areas was humidity or mold/mildew a problem. A concern, yes. Problem, no.
If you want one, do it.
Jeff
On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 09:09:07 -0600, "Jim & Lil" <jim.morris-at-sk.sympatico.ca> wrote:

bathroom, with an exhaust fan controlled by a humidity sensor. We never had any problems at all.

Most residential doorways are 80" high by at least 30" wide. I'm no hot-tub expert, but it's difficult for me to imagine that you can't find one that you can fit through a doorway if you turn it on edge. Obviously you're not going to get an 8-foot tub through a standard doorway, but who says it has to be that big?

But before you do, take the time to go to google.com and do a search for the very seriouus health threat, "Hot Tub Lung", which is almost exclusively a problem associated with indoor hot tubs.
BB

On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 19:10:00 -0600, Jim & Lil wrote:

Before you head on that venture, make sure that you have adequate humidity protection in the house. Indoor hot tubs add lots of water to the air, not to mention splashing water on the floor. The air can lead to lots of problems including mold. They are less of a problem if you are going to empty it after each use, but then you run into water consumption issues.
Carolyn