Is there a glue for wood+glass ?

Howdy,
I am modifying the look of a 5-panel door. It's a wooden door (douglass fir) and the panels are glass. I want to glue some new rails that I fabricated above the old ones. The surfaces to be glued will be both wood and glass. I will be sanding and painting the door, so imperfections will be hidden.
What kind of glue should I be using? Is there a glue that binds to both glass and wood? A friend siggested an epoxy (?)
Thanks
-Adrian
Were you aware that wood changes size seasonally, and glass doesn't? What do you think would happen if you glued wood to glass?
Might want to think about caulk.

second that.
snipped-for-privacy@pacbell.net (AJ) wrote:

Silicon rubber is what I've always seen used to "glue" glass. It will stick to wood, if it is smooth, and the edges of the stuff is protected, because it will peel.
You should be able, keeping in mind the expansion, to fit a piece of glass in a rabbit cut in the wood.

fir)
http://www.thistothat.com /

You shouldn't be using any glue at all. Attach the rails with brads, and putty the holes. If you glue everything in place, how will you ever be able to replace a broken pane of glass?