Is there a control that will stop my Weil McClain from cycling at night to heat hot water?

I've been reading about devices made by Tekmar and Beckett will either of them do what I want? My boiler heats my hot water and these days I hear it cycling all night just to keep the water hot enough in case I decide I want to take a bath at 2am. Is there any way I can tell my boiler to take 6 hours off at night while I'm sleeping?

Yes, probably. Assuming you have a domestic coil in your boiler, and not an indirect hot water maker, you could rig a time clock to interrupt the aquastat circuit , which is maintaining tank temperature. I doubt there would be a huge savings though. If it comes on a few times during the night and only runs for a minute or two, to keep the set temperature, it would probably come on at the end of the timer cycle, in the morning, but have to run for a longer period of time to make up for the greater reduced temperature in the tank.

I guess what I'm worried about is that last summer I calculated that I used about a gallon a day of oil for hot water. That's going to translate into over $100 a month with oil prices where they are. I'm wondering if getting an independent hot water heater will be more cost effective.
What temp is the aquastat set to now? Maybe it's too high and you need to lower it.

A gallon a day, your figures or mine are way off Ng might cost you 10$ a month with a tankless at most.

Not sure what you mean with Ng? I'd love to pay $10 a month for hot water where do I sign up?

Natural Gas

I'm in the same boat as you. For the last two years I've contemplated installing a 30 gal electric water heater for the summer. I just don't know that there would be a real savings, especially now I hear electricity prices are going to go up due to some new taxation, environmental bill in congress. As Mikepier said, I do turn down the aquastat temp during the summer