Is there a chemical antidote to bleach that will inactivate it instantly?

replying to hrhofmann, timtom wrote: We used to call it into the Hypo Which immediately stopped the developing process and "fixed" the image. Perhaps Sodium hyposulphide?

Reply to
timtom

Comical to follow thread there. Mohamed says his mother would spray with ammonia. Muslim kids blow up fast.

Reply to
Frank

Don't do this! Mixing bleach & ammonia creates chloroform!

Reply to
jazzy25624

No it doesn't. It produces chloramines which are toxic and explosive.

Reply to
Frank

The thread that will never die.

Chloramines are toxic. They are what the water company puts in your drinki ng water to kill bacteria.

It is less toxic than chlorine, which the water company used to put in your drinking water. Chlorine is much better at killing bacteria but we use th e weaker chloramine instead. The reason is that if there is enough organic material in the drinking water, chlorine reacts to form trihalomethane com pounds, which are believed to be cancer causing.

Did you notice we drink both of them?

but only in drinking water. Please don't drink ammonia OR bleach, straight up or mixed.

Reply to
TimR

Charcoal is a traditional chemical antidote. Skin surface bleach burns can be relieved by potato peelings. Tobias.

Reply to
tobias