is so stupid

you know them kero-sene heaters, the little white 2' foot dyno-glo type, with a barrel chrome cage around them.. them kind.
anyone ever notice the base getting hot?
If I can touch it.. she's a long way from bloeing up
but she's right hot
thing is.. the fuel tank is heating up, the kero is getting hot inside the tank
aaaaaahhh, if I was outside I would say.. let it eat... let it burn
but in here... I must not burn the house down
I'm wandering just how hot the layer of fuel is getting.. it's vapor...
I bet it's everybit of 400 deg at the vapor level in the tank

Then you are doing something seriously wrong. Mine never gets so hot I can't put my hand on it.
Hopefully you are a troll, but if not, i would encourage you to turn it off until you get it fixed.
Toller wrote:

you want me to be a troll? <bbrbrbrbrbr>
nah, I turned it off.
I don't need 1.5 gallons of 400 degree kerosene setting by my bed I did it last night.. it was fine
but my other heaters... they don't get that hot at the base
I need to get if off the damn floor a little.. it's long since lost it's under-liner pan.. just a bare-bone flame and barrel.. the lid just sets there
it's clean it burns hot... it will run you out of a 4 bedroom house in a minute
I want to put jet fuel in them

No worries...light them all and slide them under your bed tonight...nitey night Jimi

Nahhhh, it's just ol' bigbadbarry funin' ya.
You made a mistake in the subject line.
It should read:
I'm so stupid.
HTH
Steve
With a user name like that, we're supposed to take him seriously?
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

lol, I play the piano and sing see.. I was working on the U2 song called "sometimes you can't make it on your own"
after several hours of practice, I just started singing the hook "sometimes you get naked on the phone"...
heh heh
YES TAKE ME SERIOUS
i put that heater out of commission... the base was getting hot one thing I should do is return the kero-heater underliner pan this will allow more air to keep the tank cool
after that, I can't think of anything
Im not really worried about 250-300 deg steel next to kerosene it takes about 1200 degress to light it (even the vapor) it's just the idea
and pre-heating any oil is standard when it comes to being efficient so hell! I should be happy about the pre-heated wick oil