Is PEX okay for h/w-radiator heating system?

Page 2 of 2

Facts are facts. Nothing more, nothing less.

there is also the option of PEX-AL-PEX, which is pex, covered with aluminum and then another layer of pex. Provides a complete oxygen barrier. I am using this on 180F hybrid radiant system. Some is running at 180 and some at 140.

Good point. I understand that oxygen in heating systems can cause problems with corrosion of steel pipes sections.
Bob

Hence oxypex or Whisbo

I am currently a Colorado Master Plumber and I have been a plumber for more then 35 years. I have installed miles of PEX pipe. Like all pipe it has a number rating on it. It should have a temperature rating on it. If it has a temperature above 160 then it is OK for hot water heating.

Thanks! That's good information
And thanks to all other for your thoughts and suggestions.