Is operating more than 1 microwave oven in same kitchen safe?

Page 2 of 2

RF can burn you. If you held on to a metal antenna that was pushing 100W through it on VHF, you'd feel it...
Granted a microwave is pushing far less and at the opposite end of the practical RF band, but this falls in to the same category about people who are worried they'll get brain cancer from using cell phones. We won't know for another 20 years on that one.
Are there any reports of people getting cancer from microwaves? I don't recall any. They've been around for 15-20 years mainstream.
jay wrote:

If you wear your Tin Foil Hat and Shoes it should cover any stray rays.....
Rick Shaw wrote:

Those are also a big help if you operate two toasters in the same kitchen. But they won't help much if you operate two cell phones at the same time within a small room.
| Rick Shaw wrote: | > jay wrote: | > | >> I recently moved to a house that has a built-in microwave oven. Since | >> the new place has a large kitchen, and since I already owned a | >> stand-alone microwave oven, I wound up putting the extra stand-alone | >> unit on the counter, and so now I have two microwave ovens in the same | >> room. | >> | > SNIP SNIP SNIP | > | > If you wear your Tin Foil Hat and Shoes it should cover any stray rays..... | | Those are also a big help if you operate two toasters in the | same kitchen. But they won't help much if you operate two | cell phones at the same time within a small room.
Add the tinfoil jock strap and you'll be OK.
finger to keyboard and composed:

Are they are on the same circuit? If so, then calculate the total power consumption on that circuit, especially if other high power appliances (eg toaster, electric jug) are being used concurrently. You *may* find that your circuit breaker will be subject to nuisance tripping.
- Franc Zabkar