Is one coat trim paint sufficient?

Painting a shade of white over existing (but different) shade of white trim. With a hiqh quality paint like Benjamin Moore, is one coat really sufficient or do you need two?
<< With a hiqh quality paint like Benjamin Moore, is one coat really sufficient or do you need two? >>
Plan on two, be pleasantly surprised if one does the job. Really too many variables to predict for sure. HTH
Joe

No reflection on your painting techniques or skill, but with me, one coat never seems enough. When I look at an angle I can see the color variations, and then have to go with a second coat.
hth,
tom @ www.MedicalJobList.com
put on one coat and see...
randy

It's all about preparation. Clean with TSP, scrape loose paint, sand lightly. Prime, then finally apply the finish coat. You may or may not need a second coat. I used "Brilliant White" Benjamin Moore 8 years ago on my house trim and it is holding up exceptionally well. The work was a bit tedious and slow-going.
If you want one coat, I'd recommend SW Duration.