is my air comp regulator ok?

I have a split tank (campbell-hausfeld) air compressor someone just gave me. It has outlet with regulator.
As long as I don't have the regulator turned all the way up, I seem to have air bleeding down around it's shaft.
When it is all the way up, it doesn't bleed.
Is my regulator faulty??

Yes. Buy a new one from Milton if you want pro quality, or Harbor Freight if you want budget price. Latter is quite reasonable and seem to work OK.
Joe
on 8/10/2009 1:18 AM (ET) rb wrote the following:

that sells compressors and parts) and pick up a new one. Get a moisture filter too if you don't already have one. I believe I may have the same CH 3 gal. compressor. It isn't much good for anything other than filling tires, pool toys, and airbrushing as it doesn't have a large air capacity, and has to run frequently to keep up with demand (including tire filling and pool toy filling). I bought a CH 8 gal portable air tank at WalMart for $20. that I installed in line with the compressor for a total of 11 gals., which helps.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak wrote:

I'd probably take apart the old one to see what's wrong with it. It could just need some lubrication.