Is microwave safe without the outside cover screwed on.

Put a spider in a microwave oven and turn it on. Spider lives about 1/2 second. Put a lady bug in the same oven and turn it on. Lady bug will walk around a little fast but apparently unharmed. Moral: there is no "one answer fits all".
KC
KC wrote:

-- aem sends...

Hey, it was a scientific experiment years ago. They do LOTS worse when experimenting on rodents & animals.

Wow. I had hoped my days of tormenting insects were over long ago, but the lady bug half of this does sound interesting! A lady bug gets on me in the yard no more than once a year, so I may never have one.