Is it safe to flush condoms in the toilet?

Just curious... Will anything clog due to used condoms?

the condom, and cause it to get lodged in the toilet's trap.
Fellow I knew in high school found out about this the hard way... had a pretty rough road trying to explain the clog to his parents... he didn't make things any easier on himself when he tried to blame it on his sister.
I'll go you one better...........the city plumber came out to unclog the sewer drain in one of the fire stations a few years ago and when he ran the snake it came back out with a massive ball of condoms on the end of it. Needless to say we became leery of the fellas who are assigned to that particular station. The rumors abound to this day.

mmmmmm... firman groopies... :)
--
be safe.
flip
Doug Miller wrote:

was you. you lier.

How'd you manage to crawl out of the killfile?
Oh, well. Back in you go. *PLONK*
On 21 Jul 2003 13:52:10 GMT, Ignoramus15618

Condoms and tampons should not be flushed down the toilet. Wrap it in a bag and place in the trash.
Only 3 things should go in a crapper. Crap, piss and toilet paper.
On 21 Jul 2003 13:52:10 GMT, Ignoramus15618

Could be.
But, anyone that ever worked in, or toured a sewer plant will tell you it's common practice.

Anything that doesn't break down in the waste water has the potential for causing a clog. Used condoms would certainly fall into that category.
On 21 Jul 2003 13:52:10 GMT, Ignoramus15618

Reminds me of a co-worker who came in glum one day:
Me: Hey, what's wrong? looks like you lost a friend. Him: Wife clogged the damn toilet. Me: What's the big deal? What clogged it? Him: Condoms. Me: well, quit throwing them down the toilet! Him: That's the problem. I didn't. I don't use them.
snipped-for-privacy@soundproofing.org
Super Soundproofing Co, 757 N. TWIN OAKS VALLEY RD, STE #1, SAN MARCOS, CA. 92069 PHONE: 760 752 3030 FAX 752 3040