is it possible to wire two recepticals...

to the same switch (that is, so the switch turns each on and off together)?

Reply to
JK

Beeper

Certainly. You wire them up *exactly* the same as you would two light fixtures to be controlled by the same switch.

Doug Miller

Of course, you just put the two receptacles in parallel after you put the switch on the hot line.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

It's possible, and done often. I've done it with the two recepticals on each side of our bed. What's more, since it rare that you'll need both outlets in each receptical switched, you might consider taking it a step further and run 3 conductor wire between the switch and the recepticals. Switch the RED conductor but leave the black hot and then break the tab between the two brass screws. Connect the red to one screw and the black to the other. That way only one of the outlets will be switched while the other remains hot.

Reply to
mwlogs