Is it possible to 'shorten' an acrylic bathtub?

We have an acrylic bathtub that my wife uses every day. At our previous place we had a 'soaking' tub that my wife loved.
The problem is that the new tub is too long and the back rest is too steep for her comfort. She is always sliding down as she bathes.
I can think of a few ideas to modify the tub.
1> Find an acrylic manufacturer who could cut some panels to beadhesively fastened to: a. shorten the tub interior b. modify the slope at the head end.
2> Use plywood to do the above and either tile the plywood or ask aprofessional epoxy refinsisher to coat the bare plywood.
Any suggestions?
BoyntonStu
"Any suggestions? "
Yes, find a tub with ergonomics that you like instead of trying to invent one.
I don't think either of your ideas would make a good solution but they certainly might be possible. I would not attempt to modify the tub but would try to find or adapt some sort of backrest which would just sit in the tub. Check the bath boutiques, handicapped suppliers, etc.. Look for something plastic. Don Young

A new wife comes to mind. It would be a lot less work too.
On 12 May 2005 18:40:57 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aaronj.com wrote:

Yeah, but would cost a lot more. :)
snipped-for-privacy@aaronj.com says...

Water proof pillows or cushions?