Is it possible to 'shorten' an acrylic bathtub?

We have an acrylic bathtub that my wife uses every day. At our previous place we had a 'soaking' tub that my wife loved.

The problem is that the new tub is too long and the back rest is too steep for her comfort. She is always sliding down as she bathes.

I can think of a few ideas to modify the tub.

1> Find an acrylic manufacturer who could cut some panels to be adhesively fastened to: a. shorten the tub interior b. modify the slope at the head end.

2> Use plywood to do the above and either tile the plywood or ask a professional epoxy refinsisher to coat the bare plywood.

Any suggestions?

BoyntonStu

Reply to
stu

"Any suggestions? "

Yes, find a tub with ergonomics that you like instead of trying to invent one.

Reply to
trader4

Reply to
Don Young

A new wife comes to mind. It would be a lot less work too.

Reply to
_________

Water proof pillows or cushions?

Reply to
MikeP

Look here at this website. This is exactly what you need....

professorhelp

Yeah, but would cost a lot more. :)

Reply to
Brigitte