Is it possible to replace twist-drain with trip lever?

Hi, all..

I have a seven-year-old home, purchased new, and discovered that the bottom part of the tub drain in the kids' bathroom has literally broken out, thus leaving no place to secure the shaft around which the twist-drain pivots.

Because I must remove (somehow) that drain, I'd very much like to replace the assembly with a trip-lever type. However, as I've tried to read about this topic in various places, I'm not sure it's even possible.

If it is possible, I'd appreciate any tips or information on how to get this accomplished.

Thanks,

-intrepid

ps Please reply to group; email is long dead.

Reply to
intrepid_dw

You need acces behind the tub and below.

This shows what is involved:

Not for the faint of heart ...

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Looks to me like a replacement of the original drain fixture is going to have to do.

Thanks for the info.

-> > > Hi, all..

Reply to
intrepid_dw