Is it ok to burn MDF in a fireplace?

I have lots of scrap left over.
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 00:54:27 GMT, "Doobielicious"

Glues and resins could 'condense' on your flue, crearting a soot problem, and if you don't have you chimneys cleaned often, a fire hazard could be created.
Just speculation, I mean it's your house, not mine. :)
later,
tom @ www.CarFleaMarket.com
Jerry Lewis is gonna be pissed if you do.
And trust me mate, you do not want to see Jerry pissed.

what has 10,000 legs and cant walk?
Jerrys Kids?

Great advice, Matty the moron. I think it's time for you to be filtered out. Bye.

While it is primarily a wood based product, one of the ingredients if formaldehyde. I would not burn it, nor would I want to be down wind of anyone that did.
It burns poorly anyway and why take a chance with the smoke unless you know for sure it is safe?
This is definitely not a question that I would ask random strangers on a newsgroup.
MDF = My Dead Father?

Doob, I'd burn it outside making sure smoke doesn't innundate nearby people. Manufactured wood products often contain hazmat nasties.