Is it ok to burn MDF in a fireplace?

I have lots of scrap left over.

Reply to
Doobielicious

Glues and resins could 'condense' on your flue, crearting a soot problem, and if you don't have you chimneys cleaned often, a fire hazard could be created.

Just speculation, I mean it's your house, not mine. :)

later,

tom @

The Real Tom

Jerry Lewis is gonna be pissed if you do.

And trust me mate, you do not want to see Jerry pissed.

Reply to
Matt

While it is primarily a wood based product, one of the ingredients if formaldehyde. I would not burn it, nor would I want to be down wind of anyone that did.

It burns poorly anyway and why take a chance with the smoke unless you know for sure it is safe?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

what has 10,000 legs and cant walk?

Reply to
rnr_construction

"Matt" wrote

Great advice, Matty the moron. I think it's time for you to be filtered out. Bye.

Reply to
Ed

This is definitely not a question that I would ask random strangers on a newsgroup.

MDF = My Dead Father?

Reply to
Matt

Doob, I'd burn it outside making sure smoke doesn't innundate nearby people. Manufactured wood products often contain hazmat nasties.

Reply to
Camilo