Is it a problem if recessed light fixture touches PVC sewage pipe

A contractor is finishing my basement. I noticed that the electrician put a recessed light fixture touching the PVC sewage pipe in the ceiling.
Can the heat generated by the light damage the PVC pipe? (The recessed light fixture is IC-rated if it matters).
Thanks
If it's IC rated I wouldn't be concerned

On Aug 28, 6:40 pm, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

It should be ok, cans have a bimetal heat cutoff switch if they get to 194 degerees then back on at 184 degrees. And IC cans are made to run cooler on the outside. If your lights flash (due to thermal switch oscillating) then just go down 20 watts or so with the bulb, or drop the bulb position down in the can (see wing nut). If the can against the pipe is not also embedded in insulation it should run cool. I have one in contact with some cat5 phone wiring and never had a problem, and I'm sure cat5 has a lower melting point than PVC.