Is everything around $400 these days?

I was quoted $400 to install my oven, cooktop, and dishwasher (4 hours of work).

Then, I was quoted $400 to prune my tree in the front yard which includes hauling away like that matters. I already pay the city in my monthly bill to haul prunings. Since, I have three trees, it's $1000 or more not $400. But, they don't do backyard trees. IOW, I must buy a small gas chain saw anyway.

I have two electric chainsaws but you don't want cords up there. So, a small gas chain saw and a ladder, and up I go on the street side where if it drops I won't hurt anything. I will get help on the house side cause I'm going to need a rope.

Reply to
MRS. CLEAN

For under $400 you could have a decent pole pruner and do it from the ground. I can tell you from experience that; you need to wach out for falling limbs, but you get used to it.

Eric in North TX

Even the manual pole pruner works great. I had quite a number of trees in my back yard that needed constant pruning after 35 years. I could keep them well under control with it. Constant source of fire wood over the years.

Reply to
professorpaul

If you use a chainsaw while you are on a ladder, you will probably learn that the hospital emergency room also charges around $400 for a visit!

Chain Saw Injury Statistics...

Do yourself a favor and buy the below chainsaw safety DVD for $4.99

Stihl Chain Saw Safety, Operation & Maintenance DVD...

Chainsaw protective clothing...

Bill

I think the best procedure if you're not cutting from the ground is standing on a solid limb above the targeted limb.

Bill wrote:

Reply to
MRS. CLEAN

I already have a pole pruner with a 12 inch electric chain saw.

I will use it!

Eric > For under $400 you could have a decent pole pruner and do it from the

MRS. CLEAN

I will get a few guys working on it.

Once the tree is under control, I will manually prune it.

I think you have the most control over a manual saw.

professorpaul wrote:

Reply to
MRS. CLEAN

The last time I chimed in on this subject I suggested that a pole pruner can be supported by a harness as used for flagpoles in a parade march. Someone loved the idea.

Reply to
PaPaPeng