Is Energizer trying to kill the rechargeable battery?

I just gave you a link where you can get them for much less. Didn't include it again, since you don't want to listen, just talk. Can't see where you have a point at all, unless you want them sold in your grocery, big box, gas station. Ain't gonna happen.
On 9/1/2013 4:08 PM, Vic Smith wrote:

No you didn't, you posted the Eneloop single cell adapters.

Who pissed in your wheaties? If you know a source other than Battery Junction or eBay, please post it, I'm more than willing to learn of new sources.

Can't see where you do either. We're talking about two different products.
nate
AAA are so much smaller. I'd not want to adapt those to D cells. I do have some anysizers in 1 AA or 2 AA to D.

AAA cells have about 1/3 the capacity of AA, and typically same retail price per cell. I can't imagine anyone wanting to adapt AAA to D cells. For much of any reason.
On 9/3/2013 2:08 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:

On 9/3/2013 3:09 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Not AAA cells, three AA cells to D size. Actually gets you in the ballpark as far as capacity vs. a purpose built (Tenergy or Maha) NiMH D cell and/or allows you to use up AA primaries to power up a D device in a pinch.
nate
On 9/3/2013 12:09 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I think he means AA to D. You can put NiMH batteries in parallel (though you can't charge them that way) to get more mAH at the same voltage.
There are plenty of adapters that take two AA batteries and put them in a D cell case, and these are only around $1.25 each. But not many that take three AA batteries and do the same thing.
A low-discharge D cell costs about $8 and is 8000mAH. Three low-discharge AA cells would be about $6 and give 6000mAH. So there's no real upside in terms of cost per mAH.
On 9/3/2013 10:19 PM, sms wrote:

You're right, the only real advantage is in flexibility.
Although Thomas Distributing is selling Imedion AAs for $41/16 right now, so that would be 7200 mAh for about $7.50. (where are you getting cells for $2 each though? My cutoff for "it's a good deal" is around $10/4.) I actually ordered the Imedions because i was getting my charger replaced under warranty anyway (it still worked fine but the wall wart crapped out) so I can save on shipping too. Now I just need some more AAAs and I can stop buying save for the insane deals like $3.65/4 Duraloops.
nate
On 9/4/2013 5:12 AM, Nate Nagel wrote:

When Costco has just the batteries, without the charger, the batteries are around $2 each. Of course you need to accept their assortment of AA and AAA cells.
On 9/4/2013 1:21 PM, sms wrote:

Ah... I don't have a Costco membership so it'd cost me more... and if it's the typical assortment doesn't help, as I don't really need AAs at all but could use some more AAAs. (or C's and D's)
nate
On 9/4/2013 10:21 AM, sms wrote:

Costco currently has this deal on Sanyo eneloops:
8 AA 2 AAA 2 C adapters 2 D adapters Charger
$19.89.
So forgetting about the charger and adapters, the cost per battery is $1.989
Expires 9/15.
One other thing, if you want to shop at Costco without being a member give a member the money to buy you some $25 Costco Cash cards. You can pay the difference in cash if you go over the $25 (not sure if you can also use a debit card or Amex card , but probably you can).
<http://www.costco.com/Costco-Cash-Card.product.10024438.html
My daughter is away at college and there's a Costco within walking distance of her dorm. I don't want to pay another $55 for another membership card so I can just get her a Costco cash card.

Oops. I missed that. My apologies.
On 9/3/2013 7:07 PM, Vic Smith wrote:

No worries. have a beer. Easy to get worked up over stupid crap on Usenet; happens more than I'd like to admit.
nate
I thought apologizing, and accepting apologies, these two activities are not permitted.
On 9/3/2013 7:56 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:

My guess, he's insulted that the retail stores don't have good quality batteries for those who wish to purchase good ones.
An email friend of mine has a home made hybrid flashlight lantern. Used a square lantern from Walmart, a LED bulb from online, and four D cells (10 amp hour) and a D cell to lantern adaptor. Got an entire year of use out of one charge.
On 8/30/2013 11:41 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

And the quality: =============Thank you for this great question, I would be happy to assist you. Regarding our NIMH Rechargeable batteries and Chargers, all of them are genuine from China.
Thank you for taking the time to contact Energizer. ==============YEs, we share your insultedness.
On 8/30/2013 6:27 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:

On 8/30/2013 6:27 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:

No. I don't buy much from the local big-box stores. All they sell is junk.
Amazon Prime and UPS is my best friend here.

The UPS guy must just love delivering sheets of plywood.
Wonder what they say about "precharged" 80 gallon tall water heaters?

That's certainly not new. GE and RadioShaft NiCd 'D' cells were their C's in drag. I don't think the 4AAs would fit your D-size appliance, though.

The more things change the more they stay the same. Perhaps others should read, too.

Buy online. It's not like you buy rechargeables every day.

Probably. If you're that pissed off by common marketing, you must have a very high-stress life.

3xAAs definitely will fit in place of *one* D cell, 4xAAs might depending. I've seen adapters for both, I'm not aware of any 4xAA adapters currently on the market but I got a tip off CPF of some 3xAA adapters from a Chinese eBay seller that look promising. I might actually buy some of them... apparently someone already did, I'm just waiting for him to post what he thought of them quality-wise. Same seller sells similar looking 4xAAA to C adapters also. eBay seller is world_electric_fan, like I said I can't give a personal thumbs up yet since I'm waiting for a forum reply before I purchase any myself.

I do! But it would be nice to be able to have the option of picking up an acceptable product in local stores... I actually believe in supporting local businesses, but they make it so hard.

Not really, I mean, I'm already over it, but it really does show how little the marketing department of your average large corporation thinks of the intelligence of the average consumer.
It wouldn't have been a big deal save for the fact that we all know that C and D size NiMHs are pretty rare, I saw them on the rack and was immediately drawn to them out of curiosity, then I read the package and was just depressed and disgusted...
nate