Is EMI/RMI filter working ?

I don't recall where I got it, but I have a device that plugs into a standard 3-prong outlet.

It uses both outlets and has 6 outlets in the front. It also has a sticker on it that says

EMI/RFI Filter.

It has a red and green led light. The red light is on when it is plugged in but the green light is not.

I am concerned because red usually means there is a problem somewhere.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Andy

Reply to
WhiteTea77581

This may be telling you your outlet is wired wrong. Hot and Neutral reversed.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

Brand name, model number?

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

My first idea is that I would like to know the brand name, make, model, etc of the device!!!

Reply to
hrhofmann

It wasn't designed to be taken apart, but I did so to see if I could find a manufacturer label.

I found some writing on the circuit board but deciding it wasn't the trouble.

Andy

Reply to
WhiteTea77581