Is Chicago water hard or soft?

You really can't beat Lake Michigan water... No worries about hard or soft, just use it as is. I haven't had lime build up or icky slimy soft water either.

I don't know of any chicagoans with a water softener. I HATE softened water, makes you feel slimy.

~Renee

Ajanta wrote:

Reply to
Reneejane

you pipes clog shut in 30 years?

you might want to try something thicker than 1/4 tubing.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Cydrome Leader said in chi.general:

They can if you have hard water. Which Lake Michigan water is not.

Reply to
Scott en Aztlán

But you can't rinse off in really soft water.

I lived in Chicago 6 years. IIRC, it was in the middle between hard and soft.

Yes, there are intakes about a mile out into the lake where the city gets water. You can just see them from the shore. One of my bosses was a worker, or foreman, buiding one of the water tunnels/

If you are inclined to email me for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)

Reply to
mm

Most tropical fish are pretty soft. I can squeeze them between two fingers, without getting tired.

If you are inclined to email me for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)

Reply to
mm

I did that once. But then I got worried so I had a friend use his urine. We passed.

If you are inclined to email me for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)

Reply to
mm

you worked with him in 1867 or 1941?

Reply to
kenji

1872. But he had worked on the tunnel earlier.

Are you sure they didn't dig any such lake tunnels since those years? Maybe it was another tunnel he was working on.

Reply to
mm

In chi.general Ajanta wrote: : Please help! I am no tech genius and need to buy a shower-head. When I : went to Consumer Reports, it ranks them according to whether the water : is hard or soft. So, is Chicago water hard or soft? Thanks.

I think the question of if Chicago water is hard or soft depends on how fast you are traveling when you hit the water...

Reply to
Chicago Paddling-Fishing