Is an Electric a Good Choice for Edging Dymondria?

I have a rectangular 60' x 4' section of Dymondria. This is a ground cover...some people call them freeway daisies.
The stems are quite soft, wet and about 1/8" in diameter on average.
Doing this chore with a mattox is getting old and so am I. I am thinking of getting the Black and Decker LE750 electric edger for the task.
Will this be a good solution or are those things only good on grass?
Thank you.
Mike
You might ewant to post this on rec.gardens as well.