Is a subfloor absolutely needed before carpeting a basement?

Hi Folks,
I am finishing a basement which has lots of windows and good headroom (8'). The floor is bare concrete which I painted with drylok. The basement has been very dry since I have regraded the land around the house. The only problem is in the full heat and humidity of summer, when the basement windows are open there is a bit of condensation in some spots of the cool concrete floor.
Can I just have a pad and carpeting installed over the concrete? Will the pad & carpet provide a bit of insulation between the cold floor and the warm air to prevent condensation? Is a special carpet pad needed for basement areas?
If I really need to put in a subfloor, has anyone heard or used "dricore"? http://www.dricore.com /
Thanks,
-- Jeff
Jeff wrote:

I'm no carpet or subfloor expert. Are you saying you will use the basement in the summer with windows open ? And, I assume, no dehumid or A/C.
Personally, I think that's a recipe for disaster. Unless you can guarantee low humidity in the space and no condensation under carpet, it is inviting major mold growth.
YMMV
Jim
Have you considered looking for a carpet designed for basement or patio use? You could also just lay it down in a semi permanent way and check it periodically for problems before making a final decision. My carpet is on concrete with no problems 12 feet underground but it is an absolutely dry basement.

I was told to tape a 2' x 2' piece of solid plastic to the concrete floor and leave it there for at least 3 days. If there is no moisture present after you remove the plastic you should be okay. My carpet was installed over felt padding which I believe had a moisture barrier on one side. The padding was laid right on top the concrete floor.

I know nothing about carpet, so I have no opinion. However....
My basement carpet has been on bare concrete for 21 years. A seam is starting to pucker, but I think that is more from when the dishwasher drain clogged and dumped many gallons through the floor than from the way it is installed.