is a 2 tank compressor better than a 1 tank compressor?

I'm looking at buying a Sears #00916636000 Mfr. model #16636 (one 5 gal tank) or #00916638000 Mfr. model #16638 (two 2 gal tanks)-- wondering which would be better.
Will using around the home for home projects.
snipped-for-privacy@esn.net wrote:

I would go for the one five gallon tank, if all else was equal and it never is. Storage space is storage space.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
snipped-for-privacy@esn.net wrote:

I would go with the one 5 gallon tank.
Advantages: One tank to drain water from, not two Less weight More capacity On sale!
Disadvantages: Requires slightly more space to store
The motor size and specs of both units appear otherwise equal.
Greg wrote:

Do I have to drain a compressor often if I just keep it charged up in the garage for bike tires etc. and the occasional use of brad nailers etc.?

You should drain the tank after every use. If water is left to accumulate it will eventually eat through the bottom of the tank. I have also read recommendations to set the pressure regulator down to zero. This relieves the tension on the diaphragm. Joe G
Thanks for responses--will be at Sears tomorrow and will have a new compressor for around the house...
On Mar 25, 6:11 pm, snipped-for-privacy@esn.net wrote:

Before you make a major mistake, check Amazon.com for real compresors that pros use. There are some fine machines there that will give you years of service. You almost never see any Craftsman stuff on job sites. A major problem with Craftsman is the astonishing prices on repair parts when something wears out. FWIW, I use a Hitachi EC 12 2 HP for odd jobs around the place. It drives nailers just fine, but is a bit small for some air hungry air tools like a disk sander. While you're at it, shop the box stores, too. Buy the most CFM @ 90 PSI that you can afford. HTH
Joe
Joe wrote:

If you need professional equipment, pay for professional equipment, like Ingersoll-Rand. If you need air to fill tires and do occasional chores, like run a sprayer from time to time, clean things, or winterize the pool once a year, a Sears machine should be plenty adequate. I don't know many job sites that would use an electric compressor, anyway. The Sears compressors are OEM'd from well known manufacturers.
One thing I like about Sears is their warranty parts/service is excellent to deal with. After the warranty is over, remember you don't need to use Sears parts. Sometimes they are more expensive, sometimes they are not, but their search capabilities are impressive. I always check to see who the OEM is and you can often get parts through their channels. Sears nearly always provides parts lists and they use the OEM parts numbers, even if they don't tell you who the OEM is. With a reference chart, you can always find it by using the model number prefix.
On Mar 25, 4:54 pm, snipped-for-privacy@esn.net wrote:

I reccomend this site for compressors.
http://www.northerntool.com/