iron stain, kitchen countertop

A metal breadbox has left an iron stain on our kitchen countertop. Water got under it from the sink next to it. The countertop is an off white "plastic", something I would call Formica. I'll bet the stain is there to stay. Tee I'm wrong. :-)
We used to have a breadbox when I was a kid. I'm not sure what it was used for, but I think we used to keep bread in it.
A metal breadbox has left an iron stain on our kitchen countertop. Water got under it from the sink next to it. The countertop is an off white "plastic", something I would call Formica. I'll bet the stain is there to stay. Tee I'm wrong. :-)
try oxalic acid (barkeepers friend).
Lime away , CLR , or put the bread box back.
m Ransley wrote:

Um, you better test in an inconspicuous area first. I ruined an almond colored formica top with CLR.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

There's a rust remover called "Whink" that will take the rust stain out instantly. It comes in a brown plastic bottle, and contains dilute hydrofloric acid. Be careful not to get it on your skin, or if you do you must rinse it off immediately. If left on the skin it can cause deep tissue damage that doesn't hurt or show up right away. (just be careful with it and it works wonders.)
Bob