Ionic breeze

When we got married 13 years ago, we both worked so we made a deal that we would consult with each other on any purchase with a comma in the price, i.e., $1,000 or over. Under that, we could spend our own money any way we wanted.
Paul

Your home will have much cleaner air if you regularly open the windows and simply "change out" the old air with the new air, maybe weekly. Or if you get a nice rainstorm do it on those days because that outside air will be well "scrubbed" and dust free already. IMHO air purifiers are really not necessary, and in our home people do have allergies too. Recycling old air through a "purifier" is still old air. HEPA, electrostatic, ionic, they are all a waste IMO and not really "healthy" if you never open a window.

Your home will have much cleaner air if you regularly open the windows and simply "change out" the old air with the new air, maybe weekly. Or if you get a nice rainstorm do it on those days because that outside air will be well "scrubbed" and dust free already. IMHO air purifiers are really not necessary, and in our home people do have allergies too. Recycling old air through a "purifier" is still old air. HEPA, electrostatic, ionic, they are all a waste IMO and not really "healthy" if you never open a window.
reply:
The windows here are opened at dusk, and closed about noon. It is lovely here at this time of year during those hours. A little gritty from the dust, but really cool. In another month, it will be perfect, down in the low 70s or 60s at night.
XXtreme SW Utah, 3700' elev.
Steve

Boy, did you two get hosed!
I doubt even Jim will argue this one.
nb
Steve B wrote:

An electrostatic air cleaner on your forced air furnace would actually clean the air, and maybe be cheaper.