Ionic breeze

Boy, did you two get hosed!

I doubt even Jim will argue this one.

nb

Reply to
notbob

Reading the description of the case, it seems to me CU won because Sharper Image couldn't prove they'd said anything false. However, that does not mean the CU analysis was _appropriate_ (SI's contention was that it was not). Accuracy and appropriateness are two different things.

FWIW, I've got a similar device, and I like it. It takes a lot of crud out of the air, and is silent, cheap, and low maintenance.

Reply to
cjt

I bet you wont like it as much when you learn about O3-Ozones negative effects, Google it. Its not good for lungs. The Epa and several more gov agencies have published exposure limit guidlines published and easily searched. Of course you can say its not much that it puts out, but you are adding more harmfull pollutants to your air, people with asthma , smokers, are particularly susceptable to the added 03. It messed me up when I had 3 air filters running in a 600 sq ft apt. 03 helps many materials to break down, like rubber, some plastics and fabrics. You lungs are more sensitive and important, its does long term harm over long term exposure. Google Ozone Affecting Asthma and dangers of Ozone generators.

Reply to
ransley

ransley wrote in news:5a460fd8-261d-4a25-9adf- snipped-for-privacy@d8g2000yqf.googlegroups.com:

Ozone is an even stronger oxidant and radical then oxygen. Depending on the quantities put out it may be a strong irritant and a truly bad thing, or it can be a scavenger of other radicals and a variety of "bad" things that can be neutralized by oxidation.

Chlorine has been used as a war gas, but is generally used (as hypochloride) for desinfection (bleach). So it is all a question of concentration and what it is used against.

Note that I think the ionic breeze may be more of scam than somehing good, for the price it usually sells for.

Reply to
Han

An electrostatic air cleaner on your forced air furnace would actually clean the air, and maybe be cheaper.

Reply to
Bob F