Ionic breeze

Page 1 of 2

Okay, let me get braced here.
Okay, let her rip.
What do you think of them.
SWMBO bought $1,000 worth of them, and I need a good argument when she tells me I don't need any more tools.
Are they worth that much $$$ ? They sit idle 99% of the time, full of dirt. Must work some kind of good, they're always clogged. But I live on a sand dune, so around here, the coffee pot is even a good dirt collector.
Steve
Steve B wrote:

allergy-prone employees. I suppose the charged plates inside do collect some of the gunk- they get dirty fast enough- but they move so little air I didn't find them to relieve my allergies any. And the plates are a PITA to clean unless you have a big slop sink (or access to an outside hose), and a tiny soft brush so as to not muck up whatever the coating on the metal is. Last I saw they were stacked in a corner somewhere. For a floor fan, damn expensive. Personally, I'd put the money into better filters on the furnace.
--
aem sends...

Dont they put out ozone

Dont they put out ozone
The brochure said it would cook bread and kill tomato blight, too.
Steve ;-)

I hear if I put my foot in front of it it will cure my atheltes feet fungus, and if I hang my ass infront of it it will cure jock itch.

I hear if I put my foot in front of it it will cure my atheltes feet fungus, and if I hang my ass infront of it it will cure jock itch.
reply: well, there's that, too ....................
Steve
And if you look directly into it.... ????
I was approached years ago, about something called Aprilaire. Some years back, might have the wrong name. Anyhow, these plug in ionizers were $297 wholesale, and $600 retail. I didn't sign up.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

If I remenber right Consumers Reports hammered it for Ozone and Sharper image changed their advertising. Googe Ozone afecting Asthma and the EPA ozone exposure sheet, print, give to her, and bring home your new toys and tool that make more money for her stupid things like Iconic Fleeses.

If I remenber right Consumers Reports hammered it for Ozone and Sharper image changed their advertising. Googe Ozone afecting Asthma and the EPA ozone exposure sheet, print, give to her, and bring home your new toys and tool that make more money for her stupid things like Iconic Fleeses.
reply: This she knows, and I can parade out most of my purchases and say that. It's just every once in a while she gets sideways about tools. Yet, she spends $15 a week between cherries and grapes. They're like corn. You just rent it for a while. You never own it.
Steve
Steve B wrote:

Here's an argument we use with guns that is equally applicable to your situation:
When talking about tools, NEED is irrelevant. The only thing that counts is WANT.

She's an interior designer, and I've made four or five remodels happen for her, now. I actually get both, but every once in a while, this comes up. She knows what I can get done with the right tools, and she's happy with that.
I guess I could apply that to the Ionic Breezes. Need/want? To me, they're worthless. Worse than that, not even functional. I can not think of a single tool I own that doesn't do at least something. Maybe only use it once a year, but when I need it, it performs. These sit, and do NOTHING, even when plugged in and functioning as intended.
Steve

Consumer Reports said as much on 2003 and were sued by the Sharper Image who then owned IB. The case was found in CU's favor with the Sharper Image having to pay them over a half million dollars in court costs. Here are two links. There are many more on Google:
http://www.housekeepingchannel.com/a_337-Consumer_Reports_Testing_of_Sharper_Image_Ionic_Breeze_Professional_with_OzoneGuard_Now_Available_Online
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_ioniser
--
Peace,
BobJ

That is what I was refering to, she needs that info, you do need good tools.

That is what I was refering to, she needs that info, you do need good tools.
reply: It has been snipped to protect the innocent, and forwarded already. Only thing better is if she sees it on Oprah. I can tell her a thousand times, but once she sees it on Oprah, she comes to me and sez, "You know what I saw on Oprah?" and tells me this stuff like it was brand new never been told before news.
I'd swear off women if the alternative was not so disgusting.
Steve

http://www.housekeepingchannel.com/a_337-Consumer_Reports_Testing_of_Sharper_Image_Ionic_Breeze_Professional_with_OzoneGuard_Now_Available_Online
I thought I had heard something about a broohaahaa. Well, they get my vote for being worthless.
Steve

http://www.housekeepingchannel.com/a_337-Consumer_Reports_Testing_of_Sharper_Image_Ionic_Breeze_Professional_with_OzoneGuard_Now_Available_Online
TYTYTYTYTYTYTYTTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTY!
Steve
On 8/4/2010 9:07 PM, Marilyn & Bob wrote:

http://www.housekeepingchannel.com/a_337-Consumer_Reports_Testing_of_Sharper_Image_Ionic_Breeze_Professional_with_OzoneGuard_Now_Available_Online
Sharper Image couldn't prove they'd said anything false. However, that does not mean the CU analysis was _appropriate_ (SI's contention was that it was not). Accuracy and appropriateness are two different things.
FWIW, I've got a similar device, and I like it. It takes a lot of crud out of the air, and is silent, cheap, and low maintenance.

I bet you wont like it as much when you learn about O3-Ozones negative effects, Google it. Its not good for lungs. The Epa and several more gov agencies have published exposure limit guidlines published and easily searched. Of course you can say its not much that it puts out, but you are adding more harmfull pollutants to your air, people with asthma , smokers, are particularly susceptable to the added 03. It messed me up when I had 3 air filters running in a 600 sq ft apt. 03 helps many materials to break down, like rubber, some plastics and fabrics. You lungs are more sensitive and important, its does long term harm over long term exposure. Google Ozone Affecting Asthma and dangers of Ozone generators.

Ozone is an even stronger oxidant and radical then oxygen. Depending on the quantities put out it may be a strong irritant and a truly bad thing, or it can be a scavenger of other radicals and a variety of "bad" things that can be neutralized by oxidation.
Chlorine has been used as a war gas, but is generally used (as hypochloride) for desinfection (bleach). So it is all a question of concentration and what it is used against.
Note that I think the ionic breeze may be more of scam than somehing good, for the price it usually sells for.
--
Best regards
Han